Male pigs

• Thread starter Thread starter Annaconda
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the boars - have a look through the barmy4boars website for info! O0

alot of people house 2 males with no problems but they are known to fall out. i think most people say its more likely to work if you have two brothers or introduce to baby boars :)

Yes,barmy 4 boars is very usefull website.

I have in the past had gruops of as many as 5 boars together.I currently have 3 together who are very happy,no scrapping at all.I have also from time to time had pairs of boars. It all depends on the personality of the boys,laid back boars will mix happily,stroppy,or highly sexed boars are a problem,and usually have to be housed by themselves.

Thank you , Ill go look there!
I'm planning on getting my son 2 so I'm researching before getting them

if you are planning to get your son 2 maybe you could contact rescues near you and see if they have any bonded boars in? :)

I have three boys and four girls.

Two boys live together and get on so well they are an absolute dream to have they live next door to the three girls that live together they never fall out at all. :smitten:

Jimmy and Joe are so layed back and love cuddles Joe especially is a mummys boy he adores being fussed. Murphy is neutered and lives with Romey and they get on great too.

The girls are great together as well. :smitten:

I'm so lucky with all my groups as they are so great together. :smitten:

Definately would suggest you to rescue piggies i have five rescues and would never get any piggies from anywhere else.

I have two brothers together, they have been together from birth and get on fabulously, never a moment's trouble :smitten:

I have two boars Sunshine and Twinkle who have lived together since they were 6 and 8 weeks old. I seperated them last week for fighting! ::) They now live side by side in two seperate cages, they seem happier that way.

I do have two younger boars Pudsey and Eccles who live in a 5x2 hutch and they are fine up to now. :)

I think it depends on the boars. Seems some get on and some don't. I'd advise as big a home as possible for them so they've plenty of space each.

I have a pair of boars who are very laid back and love each other dearly, I have a trio of boars who are going through a bit of a rough patch and may be split and I have 1 boar who lives on his own due to being aggressive with other boars (whether this is true I dont know as he was at the rspca and I am not sure they had time to really bond him) I think it depends on their personality but as you can see from the replies it can work ;)

I have 2 males living otgether, duke lived with his brother shakey at from birth, but shakey died at 9 months old and i decided to get archie who was 6 weeks old at the time, and duke was 9 months they got on ok.. no major fights.

they are still living together, they get on and tolerate each other but they are not the kind that snuggle or anythinb, but duke never snuggled with shakey he's quite an outgoing bossy character is duke, and archie is slightly more timid than him, but they get on alright :) they also live below 2 females who they see on a regular basis and dont fight they jump around popcoring together :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back