Male Or Female

Nanna Kiwi

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi
Still no Guineas yet.:roll: Struggling to get Girlies. So what do you think if I get 2 Male Guinea Pigs?
I have heard that girls make better pets and are more easy to handle? I've only ever had girls. I know they have got boys for rehoming at my local Pets at Home. What do you think? Thanks.

I always wanted girls and never planned on having boys. I have boys now and love them. They are so cheeky and seem to have bigger personalities

My Rainbow piggies were boys and were lovely. This time around I wanted girls. One of them was pregnant and now I have 2 boys and 3 girls anyway! So maybe I was meant to have boys in the first place. Boys are lovely with great personalities and characters. Girls are lovely too. As long as the boys are well bonded and you give them those of love and attention you should be fine!

My Rainbow piggies were boys and were lovely. This time around I wanted girls. One of them was pregnant and now I have 2 boys and 3 girls anyway! So maybe I was meant to have boys in the first place. Boys are lovely with great personalities and characters. Girls are lovely too. As long as the boys are well bonded and you give them those of love and attention you should be fine!

Thank you x Its certainly making me think maybe boys and not girls this time.

Hi
Still no Guineas yet.:roll: Struggling to get Girlies. So what do you think if I get 2 Male Guinea Pigs?
I have heard that girls make better pets and are more easy to handle? I've only ever had girls. I know they have got boys for rehoming at my local Pets at Home. What do you think? Thanks.

This guide here discusses the pros and cons of all constellations.
Boars, sows or mixed pairs; babies or adults?

Teenage boars can be a challenge as their testosterone is at an all time high, but unlike sows (that often become crankier with age) boars tend to mellow as their testosterone output gradually fizzles out. In my own experience adult and older boars a generally lot friendlier and cuddlier than sows, and you will find that sentiment echoed by other members!

This guide here discusses the pros and cons of all constellations.
Boars, sows or mixed pairs; babies or adults?

Teenage boars can be a challenge as their testosterone is at an all time high, but unlike sows (that often become crankier with age) boars tend to mellow as their testosterone output gradually fizzles out. In my own experience adult and older boars a generally lot friendlier and cuddlier than sows, and you will find that sentiment echoed by other members!

Thanks. Gonna check out the boars tomorrow :D

Back