MALE Guinea Pig Fighting the Others

alecsevigny

New Born Pup
Reaction score
hey everyone i’m new to this (i think i’m using this right).

so i have 4 MALE guinea pigs all living in 1 cage (3x6) it’s really big and they all used to get along perfectly until recently. 2 of them are over a year old and the other 2 are around 7 months old. the bonding process took a while but in the end they were all happy together and had zero fights ever. But recently it hasn’t been. I have 1 guinea pig who just bullies the other one by biting him or chasing him and sometimes i even see hair pullings on the fleece. He ONLY bullies this one but sometimes he’ll hump the other 2. It’s been going on for 2-3 weeks now and i don’t know what to do. can anyone help me? pls and ty 🫶🫶🫶

hey everyone i’m new to this (i think i’m using this right).

so i have 4 MALE guinea pigs all living in 1 cage (3x6) it’s really big and they all used to get along perfectly until recently. 2 of them are over a year old and the other 2 are around 7 months old. the bonding process took a while but in the end they were all happy together and had zero fights ever. But recently it hasn’t been. I have 1 guinea pig who just bullies the other one by biting him or chasing him and sometimes i even see hair pullings on the fleece. He ONLY bullies this one but sometimes he’ll hump the other 2. It’s been going on for 2-3 weeks now and i don’t know what to do. can anyone help me? pls and ty 🫶🫶🫶

Hi and welcome

Boar quartets sadly rarely survive teenage; they are the combination most prone to fights and fall-outs. :(

Please follow the detailed advice in this link re. a temporary separation and re-intro on neutral ground to see whether the group is still working or whether the bond has become dysfunctional. You have to then take it from there.
Boars: Teenage, Bullying, Fighting, Fall-outs And What Next?

Hi and welcome

Boar quartets sadly rarely survive teenage; they are the combination most prone to fights and fall-outs. :(

Please follow the detailed advice in this link re. a temporary separation and re-intro on neutral ground to see whether the group is still working or whether the bond has become dysfunctional. You have to then take it from there.
Boars: Teenage, Bullying, Fighting, Fall-outs And What Next?
thank you so much! right now i think i’m gonna separate the one who bullies the others and see how it goes. the only thing that’s making me question my action is that when he’s gone the others wheek for him which is so confusing. anyways thank you

thank you so much! right now i think i’m gonna separate the one who bullies the others and see how it goes. the only thing that’s making me question my action is that when he’s gone the others wheek for him which is so confusing. anyways thank you

Please read the guide and the links in it. I cannot tell you how serious the dominance behaviour is just from your description; perception can vary massively. The Teenage Guide contains all the in-depth information for you to work things out and what exactly to look for.

Further helpful information in understanding what is going on:
A - Z of Guinea Pig Behaviours
Dominance Behaviours In Guinea Pigs

Back