Malaseb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavyhappy

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, I was told when I got my pigs checked that one of them required 'Malaseb'. Does anyone know where you can purchase it?

Also, my guinea pigs live outdoors on the grass (as I live in Australia), so they tend to get a bit sticky/smelly so I wash them once a month. Is that too frequent?

Do you have the Amazon website in Oz? I have just checked ours and Malaseb is available on there. However it says that Malaseb is for cats and dogs - I don't know enough about it to know if it is appropriate for piggies. A lot of us get our piggy shampoo from this site: http://www.gorgeousguineas.com/ but I don't know if they will post out to oz - maybe worth dropping them an email - am sure they will have a suitable shampoo. The bottle I have says it is suitable for monthly washing so doesn't sound like you are cleaning them too often but maybe a more experienced member will come along to advise better.

PS can I just say - I love how excited all your posts sound about your new piggies - you sound over the moon to have them!

Malaseb is suitable for piggies and is used to treat fungal conditions. I usually get it from the vets though. I have had great success with using it to treat fungal and it is vet recommended.

Thanks, I do have an Amazon website, I'll try that, and yes I can't have a dog and my cousin suggested a small animal like a guinea pig, and I cannot stop thanking her - best decision I have made. We kind of share them, she paid for Milo (the brown one), so long story short.. I truly am over the moon!

Malaseb is suitable for piggies and is used to treat fungal conditions. I usually get it from the vets though. I have had great success with using it to treat fungal and it is vet recommended.
Thanks, have never been to a proper vet with my piggies (I got them in April) because I have gotten the other medicine they needed from the rescue I purchased them from, so if worse comes to worst, I will try that, thanks!

Was it the rescue that recommended it? do they think your pigs have fungal or is it as a preventative?

Yes, one of them is forever scratching and has a fungal issue

In which case your vet should not have a problem with prescribing it. Let me know if you need any advice on what to tell them.

@AbiS Thanks for the website :) Been wondering where you get Gorgeous Guineas Shampoo from!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back