Making Friends With The Pigs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruit&Nut

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently got my first guinea pigs, they are around a year old.

I've had them a week, they're slowly coming out of hiding more and more. They're fine when the cats and dogs are watching them but the minute I go to look at them they run.

How can I make them more tame?

:wel: to the forum !

It is natural for guinea pigs to be nervous when you 1st get them . They will settle with time

I found putting little bits of veggies through the cage helped mine to tame :-) now my two associate me with food rather than me coming to eat them! They'll quite often now come to the bars when they see me :-)

Hope this helps! :)

Hi,

I've recently got my first guinea pigs, they are around a year old.

I've had them a week, they're slowly coming out of hiding more and more. They're fine when the cats and dogs are watching them but the minute I go to look at them they run.

How can I make them more tame?

Hi and welcome!

You may find these information threads with lost of tips helpful:
How To Pick Up Your Guinea Pig
How To Understand Guinea Pig Instincts And Speak Piggy Body Language

We have got a an information bundle for new owners, with lots more information and tips to enable new owners to have a good and smooth start with their piggies: " Starter Kit" Of Information Threads For New Owners

:wel: To the forum @Fruit&Nut. Piggies settle in at different rates. You just have to play the long game. Patience, kindness, gentle talking and bribery with yummy herbs or veggies will win them over in the end. Let us know how you get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back