making a run

• Thread starter Thread starter gazza
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gazza

I'm going to making a run for a soon to be guinea pigs

i know they have really sensitive feet so dont wont to use meash on the bottom,will they dig much as i dont wont to come home 1 day and find them gone ?

anyone got pic of there runs ?

I don't think they will dig that much, but you should watch them while they're in the run anyway to make sure they're not escaping/something is getting them. I don't have a run, but I'm hoping to make one from cubes when I get more.

I wouldnt leave them just on the grass if you go out etc....a fox could easily dig in to them :'(

maxthepig said:
I wouldnt leave them just on the grass if you go out etc....a fox could easily dig in to them :'(

I agree, they won't dig out but foxes can dig in. So only use the run when you're around.

mine have never tired to dig at all

when i had my rabbits my last too did and made a big hole at that

My 3 guinea pigs have full run with the rabbits in the summer!It's 10ft by18ft open,but there are lots of places to hide and shelter.Use small "dog baskets" plastic ones,upside down just right size!In the winter i use my daughters play house,but only when it is warm and the grass is dry! I used the grids when i first got Boris because he hadn't been neutered then.Used small cable ties,using the grids 3 along,2 wide with lid don't put any on the bottom,so not too hurt their feet!Make sure that cable ties are tight so to stop sagging!Good idea is to use metal tent pegs to secure down.Stops guinea pig picking the run up,keeps them safe from cats,dogs etc or if you have a small hutch put the run on the front,make sure that the guinea pigs cannot escape under and out from under the hutch..again using the tent pets to secure down.Also easy to take down in the winter time,just cut the cable ties off! P.S make sure you trim the long bits off the cable ties,leaving no sharp pieces, incase guinea catches their eyes etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back