Making A New Run For Time On Grass, Is Weather Protectant Ok On Wood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

awallapiggie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
(I'm not sure if this goes in this forum or housing so apologies if this is not the correct place!)

I have been using movable metal panels for grass time and have wanted something more sturdy for some time. I'm very excited that we are now building a sturdy run! I sourced piggy safe wood and heavy duty wire mesh and we are hopefully going to start tonight (weather permitting). I've tried to search on here to see if cuprinol type wood protectors are safe to use (as the wood I got is not treated) but it's not coming up with anything.

Very excited! Can't wait to give them a safer/sturdier place to play when the weather is nice!

CuprinolHi Louise. Cuprinol Garden Shades (if used in accordance with instructions) is safe, once dry, for use on: (i) wood with which pets such as cats and dogs may come into contact; (ii) wood that may be gnawed by animals such as rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, other rodents and horses; and (iii) bird tables, aviaries and hen houses. So, yes! It'll be fine on your rabbit hutch. Show us some pics when it's done!

cuprinol garden shades and wilkos own brand garden range are the two that are most recommended from what i've read. i've used both with no problems :)

Here is the run we made! They love being outside in the summer so the idea was to make something secure with a top (always worry about neighbourhood cats etc!). The run itself is 5' by 6' and the plan is to keep the doors to the hutch open whenever they are out there (when they first went in to try the run and we took some pics we hadn't finished putting their things in and hadn't opened it yet but did soon after) so they can go in and out as they please. They seem to like it so far!

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    163.8 KB · Views: 7
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    110.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    64.1 KB · Views: 5
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    90.9 KB · Views: 8
That looks fab! Was it expensive to build and where did you get the bits? Looking for something like that for my girls but they are so expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back