• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

MAISY UNDER THE WEATHER

• Thread starter Thread starter maisydaisystar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maisydaisystar

maisy is feeling under the weather today, I went to put her in the run at lunch time but noticed she had a dirty bum, she has mushy poop, don't know why? she didn't go out on the grass yesterday because of the weather, The only thing new she has had is the Burgess Supa Forage Excel, which is dried grass, but it is really really green, Could this be why? I don't think it can be cause it's just hay.
She didn't go out on the grass today,She seems ok otherwise.
Any ideas?

do you have probiotics you could give her I found thats wonderful stuff to have for the squits give it for a day then if no better go to vets if its going to work it will work quick

ooohhh i think I have, and i totally forgot, Had some for my daisy when she was ill, what is the best way to give it? i think the vet told me to put it on cucumber for daisy but she would never eat it. (this was last year).
Thanks Michelle, How do you give it to your piggies?

I hope Maisy is feeling better today, sending her lots of piggie kisses to help her :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Glynis, Maisy is still a bit under the weather, but i see a little improvement today, she has had probiotics, so I hope this helps, It must of been the Burgess Supa Forage Excel, which is a really really green dried grass, and has more nutrients than hay, I will get some normal hay and mix the two together, so she won't be eating just the dried grass.
X

Hi Paula

So sorry to hear that Maisy is not so well. I would be surprised if it was the dried grass, but maybe, they say change of diet can cause mushy poo....Holly was a bit like that last week after we got her and I was worried but it was just change of diet and she was ok in a day. Have you had a look on Peter Gurney's website for his treatment on diarrhoea just in case it gets any worse? It might be an idea to reduce some of her vegetables until her poo's a bit better?

Sending lots of love to Maisy :smitten: :smitten:

Emily xx

hi Paula so glad Maisys improving I either make a paste of powdered probiotic and syringe it in with her water so its very diluted and shes getting water as well or if I have the carrot paste one they all love it anyway no problem, or the powder can be sprinkled over food its called Avipro

hi guys thanks alot, she took her probiotics no problem.
I laid her off the veg yesterday, and will today too. she is eating hay and her pellets so quite happy with her for now.

Beaut news love woo hoo go girl :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Keeping paws crossed for her :smitten:

she seems much better, Thankyou, yesterday morning her tummy felt quite solid,by evening it had softened up, she's eating fine, and i have just given her and star a bath, she needed it, her bum was quite mucky. They have just been blow dried and are finishing off drying in the travel box, happily eating their hay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back