• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

maisy has runny poop blood also help

• Thread starter Thread starter maisydaisystar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maisydaisystar

hi guys
gonna take maisy to the vet tomorrow, i noticed she had dihorrea this afternoon, and this evening there is a hint of red in it.have stopped all fresh food.
she had some orange yesterday, do you think this could of caused it as it is so acidic? it is always maisy who gets dihorrea problems.
really worried especially now theres a hint of blood
x paula x

I'm hoping someone with a little more experience in this area will see this love, i am sorry i've never experienced this before :-\ :-\
Crossing our paws and sending healing wheeks and piggie kisses for the sweet Maisy from us :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi
Not sure i can :(  my Albie has had poop probs since the day i got him, soft - squashed i'd say yet he gains weight  :-\

Albie's smells sometimes, like an impacted boars.

I do know you have to keep fluids up, you can syringe diarolyte or similar to rehydrate. As for the blood i have no idea, the only piggie who's passed blood was Wilbur but that was cystitis #

Good Luck at the vets

It might be that she just has a delicate little system and the orange unsettled her. I hope that's all it is! Good luck at the vets :)

her bottom is clean this morning, completley dried out,i am happy that she is eating her hay right now, she has always had a delicate stomach, so i really suspect it was too much orange. i have her in the house with me, so i will keep a really close eye on her, and will acess later if she needs the vets or not.bless her little cotton socks. x
will update you later

Hi, guinea pigs stomachs are very delicate and can easily be upset if you change their diet etc. If there is blood make sure its actually coming out with the poo and not in the urine.

You can buy some pro biotic or the supa guinea pig excel has pro biotic help i think. This restores the good bacteria like when we eat yogurt. So if theres some upset tummies again just a little pro biotic. If not then vets to be checked out as i've learned the hard way that guinea pigs are great at hiding their illnesses.

Hope your pig does well.

Nina

Hi Paula

Only just seen this topic, was worried when I first saw the title, but so glad Maisy is back to normal now :)

them x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back