Made a big decision today ......

Betsy

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I made a big decision and have decided to stop selling on ebay. :( I know it's my vet fund but my heart isn't in it anymore. I've been selling on ebay since September 2011. I'm not selling much anymore and I think it's the cost of living crisis. I list regularly but nothing is selling and that is disheartening so something is clearly telling me to bring it to and end. I'll donate all that I have to a local Charity shop. It's sad but everything comes to an end eventually. It's been a hard decision. If and when my piggies need the vet I'll just have to pay for it out of the bank account or on the credit card from now on.

Sorry that it's not working for you any more. It must be a lot of work so if your heart isn't in it then it probably isn't worth the effort.

Some people sell stuff on local facebook pages, could you try that?
Thats a good idea! I sold an old leather sofa and some Conservatory furniture on Facebook.

I’m sorry to hear that @Betsy - I don’t find eBay good anymore - Nextdoor is quite good and I’ve sold a few things locally that way. You could always save the things and have a car boot stall every now and then - good luck with whatever you decide 🥰

I find that no one wants to buy much these days - which is understandable in the current climate.. My friend does really well on ebay - she is lucky but I've not sold anything on there for years. Facebook marketplace can be a nightmare -people just don't get back to you lol! x

We got banned from selling on eBay a few years ago (don’t ask me why I am still none the wiser…) but my son found that buying and selling on FB marketplace and in FB groups has worked well for him. My nieces have had great success selling clothes and accessories on Vinted so there may be other outlets for your sales @Betsy.

It's getting harder everywhere but could you perhaps store until you have enough for a car boot? Vinted is becoming silly with people wanting to haggle down even by 20p rather than pay the listed price. Facebook marketplace seems to be full of scammers. It's a difficult time but I'll be honest, I rarely look on eBay now especially as the app decides to not send me notifications when auctions are ending

Back