• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lying down?

• Thread starter Thread starter marinia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marinia

Hi, my guinea pig has started lying down, I don't recall him or any of my others doing this before (except when really sick :( ), he lies on his side. But when he stands up/runs around he seems fine. Is it normal?

Mine put their head to the side but not their bodies. I don't know, maybe he is just comfy that way, is he old?

Bless him, he could just be doing it for comfort, they are all different. If he is eating, pooping and acting as he always does I wouldn't worry too much. :)

Thank you for the reassurance, I will just keep an eye on him as his behaviour does seem normal otherwise. I've had three guinea pigs in three years and sadly lost two of them, so I am probably being over anxious.

yeah its perfectly normal he just wants to rest thats how they sleep O0

Yeah I know what you mean when mine are resting with their heads to the side I go up and prod them! Not a good move as they need their rest but I get so worried about them! :-\

Completely normal, it's just how they chill out!

DSCN0346-1.jpg

What a gorgeous pic! :smitten:

My Snap lies completely on his side when he's asleep. He also goes into a very deep sleep, and you can put veggies into the cage and it takes a good 30 seconds before he comes to enough to realise they are there! :)

Awww I love that pic :smitten: :smitten:

Here is Teddy lying on his side :)

dressandpiggies053.jpg

Awww thank you, lovely pics, I am feeling suitably reassured now :smitten:

awww gorgeous pics, my OH took some pics on his phone of the girls chilling out this morning :smitten:

Excellent pictures! I've never seen any of mine like that, except once last summer when they were in the garden and had settled down in the dust - almost like they were sunbathing.

I've never seen one asleep!

Sophie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back