Lunkarya Skincare Advice?

Dilly's Piggies

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My 8 month old Lunkarya Dolly suffers with very dry and flaky skin on her ears, and dry, flaky and crusty skin on her back feet as well as spurs, she has had it since birth. I've taken her to the vet to make sure it's nothing sinister and thankfully it is just dry skin related to her breed.

I haven't done anything with her feet other than clip the spurs off as I don't know what would be best for that part, but for her ears I have been doing this 'exfoliating' treatment. I use a flannel or towel, dampen it with warm water and I gently rub the dead skin flakes off her ears, then afterwards I apply gorgeous guineas super souffle cream which works fab for her. But I have to do this at least twice a week to keep on top of her build up, it comes back stupidly fast. I just wanted to make sure this was OK to do, she doesn't mind it and it has been working well so far providing I do it often.

She also has filthy ears on the inside, again I've had it checked and it's just wax build up related to the breed, but I'm really struggling to clean them, she hates having the inside cleaned, any tips here would be great, she really needs those cleaning!

I also really need advice about her back feet, I'm concerned it will become problematic later on with infections and such, she has big spurs growing already. I want to give her a daily foot bath in something that will get rid of any nastiness developing and soften the dry parts, does anyone have any products I can try? I do have F&M ointment but I don't really like it, she is a white pig and the ointment stains her coat yellow, plus it's very greasy. Would super souffle work well on her feet also?

Here is my floof :)
DSCN2847.webp

Oh she's beautiful! Bramble (texel) has a similar issue with her feet, I use organic, cold pressed coconut oil on them once a week or so and it keeps them nice, unfortunately her ears are fungally so thats something different, but she used to get a little coconut oil on them too but less often. That also helped a little with the wax build up shes prone to both being curly coated and having a tilty head!

Maya (peruvian) is the same - dry ends of her ears, wax buildup on the inside, and dry feet. Fungus and parasites have been ruled out. Per our vet recommendation, I use extra virgin coconut oil, which seems to help a lot with the dry skin. I gently clean the earwax every couple of months or so with a terry cloth soaked in warm water with a bit of coconut oil, and only on the outside. I don't overdo it, just clean the excess wax in the outer folds of her ears.

Back