• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Luna must be over weight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
She is huge! I have never seen a pig that bulky before,she has a dewlap aswell, she eats quite alot with her hutch mate Princess Pepper but Prncess isn't as big

How much does she weigh? Is she loads overweight or does she just look it? Better to have a fat pig than a skinny pig though ;)

two saturdays ago she weighed 680g, she wighs the most out of all my pigs

If she is fully grown and weighs that - are you sure? My heaviest sow is 1200g. I know several people with sows even heavier than that!

I'm definatley sure about it, althoug, this weight was taken a few days after losing a 3 bub litter :'(

my holly is big I'm sure she is bit over wight but she sticku up hair aswell so that dont make her look any slimmer either but my holly has allways beening bigger than her sister meggie and meggie is a week older than holly

about a year old.
She gets PLENTY of food, it's not like I under feed her ?

no-one has said that :)

It's just that she seems rather small for her age - more underweight than over.

Sorry, i'm just worried about her now, what is the best thing to do to get her weight up?

If she has just given birth then it may take a while for her to recover and put the weight back on. She will most likely have lost some bone density due to the developing babies so make sure she has a good balance of vegetables. I adopted an adult sow (Lucy) who weighed 700g when I got her, probably due to calcium and vitamin deficiency now she is a heftier 1150g. It will probably take time for her to regain the weight but I would weigh her a couple of times a week to make sure she isn't losing any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back