• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lump

ally08

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey I noticed a large lump that came up suddenly on my guinea pig Ronnie's throat. I took him to the animal trust last Friday who were lovely, but when I got him there I found out they didn't specialize in guinea pigs. They prescribed some antibiotics and said see how he gets on. The lump was a bit bigger and higher up but now appears a bit smaller and has dropped lower. I took him to my local vets this Thursday and he didn't know if it was an abscess or a tumour but wanted to give him anesthetic to sleep and operate to remove and stitch him up. Ronnie is only 6-7 months old. I will attach pictures of his lump. He has been eating and drinking well, and is still very playful and active. Not sure how to attach photos to this thread.

Hey I noticed a large lump that came up suddenly on my guinea pig Ronnie's throat. I took him to the animal trust last Friday who were lovely, but when I got him there I found out they didn't specialize in guinea pigs. They prescribed some antibiotics and said see how he gets on. The lump was a bit bigger and higher up but now appears a bit smaller and has dropped lower. I took him to my local vets this Thursday and he didn't know if it was an abscess or a tumour but wanted to give him anesthetic to sleep and operate to remove and stitch him up. Ronnie is only 6-7 months old. I will attach pictures of his lump. He has been eating and drinking well, and is still very playful and active. Not sure how to attach photos to this thread.

Hi and welcome

I am very sorry; he sounds rather young for big lumps in that area, poor boy.

You need to wait until your registration is fully processed before you can post pictures. It takes a bit of time.

The best way of posting pictures is via the Attach Files button underneath your post when you write it - it will appear once your registration is sorted. This works for all formats. Our forum is not part of social media.
We are run on voluntary member donations for covering our running cost and do all of this for free in our own free time but we feel that not having a video upload and not always having up to date picture format compatibility is a small enough price for being in full control over our place. ;)
Videos are best uploaded on a public setting on services that do not require a membership sign-in. and then copied across. Youtube is generally best.

Back