• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

lump under the skin

• Thread starter Thread starter cgibson
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cgibson

my work colleague has a piggie who has a lump under the skin, it seems to have gotten bigger in time.

it seems to be on its hip
does anyone know what it could be

Most likely a sebaeceous cyst.These are harmless and best left alone.

:) I always take mine to the vet when a lump gets bigger, I have Sebaceous Cysts 'drained', usually they completely disappear though one of my sows has one that keeps reappearing occasionaly, and I clean up for her.

I would definitely take piggie to the vets. Sebaceous cysts are fairly common I believe & nothing to worry about, but it's always best to see the vet & get it checked out. O0

hi, the lump has been there for months but she did nothing about it when she first saw it, she said the piggie was eating and grinking ok, so she wasnt bothered about it.
now she says it has grown very big and seems to have grown through the hair or something i dont really know, she also saw another lump.

It might be best to take the piggy to a vet if there are 2 lumps.They probably are cysts,but better to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back