• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lump under leg

bxth98

New Born Pup
Reaction score
One of our boys, Carlo (who turns 3 next month) , was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in his two back legs April 2021 and has since been on loxicom for dogs twice daily since to help with his pain. Tonight I felt a small finger tip size bump under his front left leg which feels as if it moves under the skin but appears to be causing him discomfort if we touch it as he squirming a lot. I’m unsure of long term effects of medication on guinea pigs and wondered if the two were related or if this is a completely separate issue we’re looking at? Any advice is welcomed, all we seem to do is worry about him!

One of our boys, Carlo (who turns 3 next month) , was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in his two back legs April 2021 and has since been on loxicom for dogs twice daily since to help with his pain. Tonight I felt a small finger tip size bump under his front left leg which feels as if it moves under the skin but appears to be causing him discomfort if we touch it as he squirming a lot. I’m unsure of long term effects of medication on guinea pigs and wondered if the two were related or if this is a completely separate issue we’re looking at? Any advice is welcomed, all we seem to do is worry about him!

I believe it's likely unrelated to the medication. I've never heard of loxicom causing lumps, nor been warned about it in long term use by my vets.
Fatty lumps are fairly common in piggies which it could be but lumps can be any number of things so always worth getting it checked out to see if there's any action needed or not

Back