• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lump on side

Aisling

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have recently noticed a lump on my 5 year old sows side. She is eating and drinking fine and hasn't lost any fur in the area. Should I be worried?

Attachments

• 20240920_141412.webp
    20240920_141412.webp
    76.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240920_141409.webp
    20240920_141409.webp
    65.7 KB · Views: 2
Please have your piggy seen by a vet. Lumps can be a variety of things but all require hands on check to determine what, if any, treatment is needed.
If it is very fast growing then it needs to be seen urgently.

Please have your piggy seen by a vet. Lumps can be a variety of things but all require hands on check to determine what, if any, treatment is needed.
If it is very fast growing then it needs to be seen urgently.

Hi

I am very sorry. Please have any fast growing lumps seen promptly, ideally within 24 hours.

I took her to the vet a few days ago and sadly it's lymphoma 😔. The vet told us to try antibiotics to reduce the swelling of the lymph nodes, so hopefully those will make her a bit more comfortable. Thankfully she still doesn't seem to be in pain and hopefully it stays that way.

Aw I’m so sorry for the sad update 😞 I’ve lost two piggies to lymphoma. Make memories everyday, take lots of photos and be prepared to say goodbye when she’s had enough (((hugs))) x

I took her to the vet a few days ago and sadly it's lymphoma 😔. The vet told us to try antibiotics to reduce the swelling of the lymph nodes, so hopefully those will make her a bit more comfortable. Thankfully she still doesn't seem to be in pain and hopefully it stays that way.
I’m so sorry you’ve had this diagnosis. I hope she has lots more happy days with you ❤️

I am so very sorry for the worst kind of news.

Back