• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lump in groin area on female

HeatherV

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi,
I am new here and glad to find this helpful guinea pig community I got a female hairless guinea pig from Petco. I already have two of them so she is my third. I brought her home and realized that she has a round lump that is in the groin area. It is about the size of a pea and is movable. I returned her to Petco and they are sending her to the vet on Tuesday this week. I’m just concerned and wondering if anybody has had this happen to their guinea pig. I’m wondering if it could be a hernia or a cyst? I don’t see anywhere that you can post a picture.
Thank you

Welcome to the forum

You can add a picture by pressing the ‘attach files’ button below the message box. It may not have been visible to you immediately while your registration is processing behind the scenes. You should be able to see it now though.

However, any lump always requires a hands on vet check so even with a picture we won’t know what is.

I hope she is ok

Welcome to the forum.
Sorry your new girl has a lump.
Hope It’s nothing serious.
Let US know what the vet says on Tuesday

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope it’s something easily treatable 🤞🏻

Back