low calcium grass

kiwipig

New Born Pup
Reaction score
hi all! i want to start growing grass for my guinea pig but she has an issue with bladder sludge and just had a bladder stone (passed it on her own!). is there a certain kind of grass I should choose that is lower in calcium? I was going to grow wheat grass but I think I read that is high in calcium.

i want to limit her pellets which is the main reason i'm deciding to do this. she already gets filtered water and pellets are the next highest thing she eats regarding calcium so i want to lower her intake while replacing it with something else - aka grass.

any help on what type of grass to start growing that is low in calcium would be greatly appreciated!

hi all! i want to start growing grass for my guinea pig but she has an issue with bladder sludge and just had a bladder stone (passed it on her own!). is there a certain kind of grass I should choose that is lower in calcium? I was going to grow wheat grass but I think I read that is high in calcium.

i want to limit her pellets which is the main reason i'm deciding to do this. she already gets filtered water and pellets are the next highest thing she eats regarding calcium so i want to lower her intake while replacing it with something else - aka grass.

any help on what type of grass to start growing that is low in calcium would be greatly appreciated!

Hi

Normal lawn/meadow grass is best. You may have to initially let it grow out first and cut back in order to allow any chemicals to grow out.

Any foraged grass should be free of pesticides and dog pee (especially fresh one can - and sadly does - kill).

Hi,
I've read that Orchid Grass is the lowest in Calcium and can be feed every day to your piggy so this is probably the best option.

Back