Low calcium diet

Amberly81

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello.

I've just collected my baby Bella from the vet today after a week of not seeing her due to surgery to remove a bladder stone.
Just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of a food plan for her please as the vet said to reduce her calcium intake.
I've looked online but as per usual, it's all conflicting and I'm just wondering if anyone with experience of this can tell me what they feed their little ones daily to reduce the chance of another one forming? Thank you 😊

I hope she is recovering well from her surgery.

Pellets and drinking water introduce most calcium into the diet. So, keeping pellets limited to one tablespoon and choosing a low calcium variety (one who is grass/hay based (doesn’t contain alfalfa) and is ideally grain free) along with ensuring water is filtered can go a long way to reducing the calcium intake.
Also ensuring high calcium veg (such as kale, parsley, spinach (there are others, but these three are amongst the highest)) is fed no more than once per week.

This guide gives details and includes a section specific to bladder piggies Long Term Balanced General And Special Needs Guinea Pig Diets

This is our pellet guide Nugget Comparison Chart

I hope she is recovering well from her surgery.

Pellets and drinking water introduce most calcium into the diet. So, keeping pellets limited to one tablespoon and choosing a low calcium variety (one who is grass/hay based (doesn’t contain alfalfa) and is ideally grain free) along with ensuring water is filtered can go a long way to reducing the calcium intake.
Also ensuring high calcium veg (such as kale, parsley, spinach (there are others, but these three are amongst the highest)) is fed no more than once per week.

This guide gives details and includes a section specific to bladder piggies Long Term Balanced General And Special Needs Guinea Pig Diets

This is our pellet guide Nugget Comparison Chart
Thank you so much ☺️

Back