Loud Wheeking to running water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billies Mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Last night I got home from work and was running myself a bath.

I scooped Merlin up to give him a short welcome home cuddle and took him into the bathroom to show him his reflection in the mirror so he could see what a handsome boy he is (he seems quite used to mirrors as we have a lot)

So the bath water was running quite loudly and he was looking in the mirror and all of a sudden started wheeking VERY loudly for about 8 wheeks.
I wasnt sure if he was frightened by the sound of the water so i went back to the kitchen.

Any ideas what he was on about?

I have no idea what it could be... I had Angus in the TV room while mum and I were watching TV and all of a sudden he did the same thing! Wheeking as loud as he possibly could ?
Strange huh...

Come on, its gotta be something food related! ;D

If my piggies even see me in the kitchen they start shouting at me for food! ;D ;D ;D

Either that or he was saying 'turn the water off mum, its making me need a wee' ;D :smitten:

Okay... so Merlin and Neo both wheeked at somthing water related, the bath or the kettle... But Angus wheeked at the tv 98) lol

He did it again... I sat down in that area with himand he is SO loud ;D

my piggies think running water sounds like rustling plastic; which they wheek at because they think that means food. does your pig wheek at plastic usually?

Yes he does :)

The plastic around cigarette packets sends him crazy :D :D :D

**Dont smoke kids - its bad for you**

;D All my pigs wheek at plastic... the babies are learning the new sounds also :)

Our boys wheek when they hear the tap running - we think it's because they associate it with bin lid getting lifted when we prepare their veggies - we wash everything then throw away any mank bits, then they get their grub! So I think when it's near their feed time and they hear either the bin lid or the tap they start ;D

Occasionally they wheek loudly when the TV is on - no idea why, they must hear something that means something to them!

I have read that guinea pigs will squeak or purr to an unknown noise that is non-threatening. So it could be that O0

Truffles will wheek when he hears the knife on the chopping board while I'm chopping his veggies, he also wheeks when any plastic bag makes a noise . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back