• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Loud breathing

• Thread starter Thread starter Racheylcg
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Racheylcg

Hi everyone,
I just got my Millie out for a cuddle, an her breatings a bit odd. It doesnt appear laboured, but just slightly louder than usual. I think she's okay in herself, she was scampering around her pen earlier, but it just seems a bit loud. Any ideas?

Hi,

Maybe she just got stressed when you picked her up.Was she asleep when you lifted her.When pigs are startled they often wheeze a bit.If she is eating and moving o.k. and there is no discharge from the eyes/nose,no need to worry.

I've noticed this with Fleur when we first got her, she seemed stressed about us holding her but now she is fine and I've seen none of it since.

She dint seem stressed, she's very tame and used to people, and she was cuddling up to me. Shall I take her to the vet?

Rachey, if you are concerned then I would go the vet to put your mind at rest. Is she behaving the same as always? Eating ok? Weight ok? But all that said peace of mind is better than stressing over it. I always go the vet if I am concerned, infact Sunshine put no weight on this week so I'm watching him and if he is the same on Monday night I'll take him with Cuzzy on Tuesday. Prevention is better than cure.

I'm sure your little darling is fine, but do let us know how she is!

Louise
:)

I think she's fine now, I cant hear it any more, so I'm assuming it WAS stress (?). But I've got a bigger problem: she's fighting with her sister! I'm gonna start a new thread in behaviour, as this isnt really a health problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back