Lost love connection or soulmates?

PiggyLil28

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I just adopted a single boar from a rescue and plan to get him a friend in a few months. During the adoption process they told me he had a mate but she had babies so they took her and the babies to a foster and then he was neutered and put for adoption at the shelter. Mom and babies will be available for adoption at some point and I wonder if there's a possibility of them remembering eachother and continuing their bond? Or should I find him someone new? I think I'd like to get him a female companion either way wether it's his old mate or a baby sow. They are both 1.5 years old for reference but I'm unsure how long they have been separated.

Thry might remember each other, but it doesn’t necessarily mean the bond would stay as it was. They would have to be rebonded properly to see if they still want to be together. It doesn’t strictly matter whether you try the mum and babies or a different sow, because they will bond with any compatible piggy.

Do you know how long ago he was neutered?

I completely forgot to ask them when his neuter date was and they didn't give me any paperwork when we left so I'm not sure how long ago. I was going to wait at least 6 weeks from today before finding him a friend just to be on the safe side

Back