• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Looks like Tia has Lice

• Thread starter Thread starter Beaney
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beaney

Tia (peruvian sow) is showing signs of static lice. She is fine in herself but has the tell tale signs on her rump of a lice infestation. Not too bad at the moment but I like to jump on these things quickly. My other 3 have been checked throughly and none are showing any signs so far. I have a vast selection of Gorgeous Guinea products but (typically ::) ) no lice 'n' easy so I have just put in an order...... Anyone have any suggestions of anything I can do whilst I am waiting for my order to arrive?

There are a couple of options,you could bathe the piggy in a shampoo containing tea tree oil,or a shampoo containing neem oil.You could try Ivermectin but I have never found this very effective against lice.I expect you already know this,but,if you do use Ivermectin do not use the shampoo on the same day. Mary

:) Drop Chrissie an email and ask her which of the shampoos that you already have she would advise using... In the 'bad old days' I used Manuka and Neem.... ?

karenrgpr said:
:) Drop Chrissie an email and ask her which of the shampoos that you already have she would advise using... In the 'bad old days' I used Manuka and Neem.... ?

Just dropped her an email - good thinking!

Mary - Thanks for your reply. Some of the other products that I already have from Gorgeous Guineas do contain Neem oil so I am hoping that Chrissie can offer me some advice on which ones would be good to get treatment started until the LiceNEasy arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back