Long Haired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mylla

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting another piggie but I'm not sure if I should get a long haired (like a Peruvian) or to get another short haired. Opinions?

If you've got more time I'd recommend long haired one because they need more grooming etc but it's your choice :) xx

Hi it is a personal choice.I have a Peruvian and she needs regular trimming and more bathing.She is really laid back thankfully but some piggies hate it so you need to be patient with them.

Hi it is a personal choice.I have a Peruvian and she needs regular trimming and more bathing.She is really laid back thankfully but some piggies hate it so you need to be patient with them.
How often do you trim your piggie?

Every few weeks just enough to keep it off the floor and out of her eyes.Had a texel and she was a nightmare.Hated being brushed and trimmed.Have wide toothed comb for her but to be honest just run my fingers through her fur and cut out any matters, less stressful for her.Will post a pic of her when I get internet and access to a computer.Don't know how to do I rtf on my phone

Ok thank you. I've had mainly Americans all my life and I think I'm ready for a more high maintenance piggie.
Every few weeks just enough to keep it off the floor and out of her eyes.Had a texel and she was a nightmare.Hated being brushed and trimmed.Have wide toothed comb for her but to be honest just run my fingers through her fur and cut out any matters, less stressful for her.Will post a pic of her when I get internet and access to a computer.Don't know how to do I rtf on my phone
than

I have mainly long haired boys perus, alpacas and lunkarya. They take more grooming but find they have bigger personalities then short haired :)

I have mainly long haired boys perus, alpacas and lunkarya. They take more grooming but find they have bigger personalities then short haired :)
Do you know which breed of the long-haired piggies get along best with others or is it just dependent on the piggie.

Do you know which breed of the long-haired piggies get along best with others or is it just dependent on the piggie.

Every piggy is different but I found my alpaca and lunkarya get on with any pig they meet. But obviously there are exceptions but its just what I have found :)

I had an alpaca and I loved grooming her and she was pretty easy to look after too as she was laid back and happy to be gently brushed. She was actually quite dominant with other pigs though. I dont actually think that personality has anything to do with breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back