Lonely Piggie Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodie88

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I got 2 piggies about the month ago. I purchased them from pets at home, which I have since found out does not have the best reputation.

Unfortunately, 1 of them was back in forwards to the vets the whole time I had her and has sadly passed away at only 4 months old.

I had become very attached to her in the short time I had her and whilst she is irreplaceable, I need another piggie to keep remaining 1 company.

Pets at home have offered me another 1 but I'm reluctant to get 1 from there, however, I'm having great difficulty finding 1 from anywhere else. I've tried all the local rescue centres (which only seem to have rabbits) and eve looked for people selling privately.

I'm not to whether to wait it out to get 1 from a rescue centre (H not having company during this time) or risk getting another from pets at home and having more problems, which is not only expensive in vets bills but also upsetting.

I'm not sure how long H should be on her own for.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

I got 2 piggies about the month ago. I purchased them from pets at home, which I have since found out does not have the best reputation.

Unfortunately, 1 of them was back in forwards to the vets the whole time I had her and has sadly passed away at only 4 months old.

I had become very attached to her in the short time I had her and whilst she is irreplaceable, I need another piggie to keep remaining 1 company.

Pets at home have offered me another 1 but I'm reluctant to get 1 from there, however, I'm having great difficulty finding 1 from anywhere else. I've tried all the local rescue centres (which only seem to have rabbits) and eve looked for people selling privately.

I'm not to whether to wait it out to get 1 from a rescue centre (H not having company during this time) or risk getting another from pets at home and having more problems, which is not only expensive in vets bills but also upsetting.

I'm not sure how long H should be on her own for.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi and welcome!

I am very sorry for your loss! You are welcome to post a tribute for your girl in our Rainbow Bridge section if you wish to.

Could you please add your county to your details, so we can help you better with tips and recommendations. Good guinea pig rescues are unfortunately not evenly spaced around the country. Click your the username on the top bar, then go to personal details and scroll down to location. Thank you!
We have got a recommended UK rescues locator on the top bar: Guinea Pig Rescue Centre Locator

Thank you. I have now included location.

I wasnt aware of the Rainbow Bridge, that is a lovely idea, thanks.

Thank you. I have now included location.

I wasnt aware of the Rainbow Bridge, that is a lovely idea, thanks.

Have you contacted Windhwistle Warren? I know that they taken on guinea pigs and will have a number of them ready for adoption in the wake of a huge rescue in the Southeast a few months ago even though they may not show up on their website. To my knowledge, they offer dating at their rescue.
Windwhistle Warren Rabbit and Guinea Pig Rescue, Gloucestershire

Windwhistle warrwn is where I'm pinning all my hopes at the moment. I have been in touch with them. They indicated that they would pass my query onto the relevant person, so just waiting to hear from them. If there has been a large rescue, hopefully they can help.

Worried about H being on her own, especially as she tolerates my company but definitely does not enjoy it!

Windwhistle warrwn is where I'm pinning all my hopes at the moment. I have been in touch with them. They indicated that they would pass my query onto the relevant person, so just waiting to hear from them. If there has been a large rescue, hopefully they can help.

Worried about H being on her own, especially as she tolerates my company but definitely does not enjoy it!

They are the best rescue local to you, but as they are full up, they are very busy and may struggle to come back to you quickly. The rescue is entirely volunteer-run in their free time.
If you need to look further, there is a rescue your side of Bristol and the Blue Cross in Burford as your other closest guinea pig rescues. You should be able to find them via the locator.
You could also consider neutered boars, so they are available.

So sorry you lost one of your guinea pigs, that is always a very upsetting thing to happen. I would also recommend hanging on until you can find a suitable piggy friend from a rescue centre. Wishing you the best of luck with your search xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back