lonely pig

AveriPaveri

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have two guinea pigs, Peanutbutter and Jelly. Jelly doesn't have much time left, right now we are just trying to keep her as comfortable as possible. I know that getting another pig so that Peanutbutter can have some company is very important, but I'm at a point in my life where I don't want to have guinea pigs for years. I had more time and my life was more simpler when I first got my two pigs. They're both around 5 years old, so they're more on the older side. What are some options I could do for Peanutbutter?

Sorry to hear about Jelly. Just make sure you enjoy the happy todays as that is all she is concentrating on as well.

With regards Peanutbutter, I feel you have two options. To either find a rescue where you can foster a companion for her, and surrender the foster back once Peanutbutter passes. If they don’t get on, then the next best thing would be to have them live as neighbours. They can still have the companionship and interaction they need that way.

The second option would be to surrender her to a rescue where she may be paired up with a piggy for adoption.

Back