Local Pet Shop ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerfairy

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I went in to the shop ages ago and saw a rabbit and guinea pig being housed together. I explained the reasons why this was not advised.

Yesterday when i went in they had a new rabbit and guinea pig housd together and said it was ok cos they were rescued together having been living in the same hutch. The rabbit was chasing the piggie who was chattering crossly. So upsetting.

I told them why it wasnt a good idea they said about the rescue thing then there was a massive awkward silence ...

I went in to the shop ages ago and saw a rabbit and guinea pig being housed together. I explained the reasons why this was not advised.

Yesterday when i went in they had a new rabbit and guinea pig housd together and said it was ok cos they were rescued together having been living in the same hutch. The rabbit was chasing the piggie who was chattering crossly. So upsetting.

I told them why it wasnt a good idea they said about the rescue thing then there was a massive awkward silence ...
Some people have no clue :no:

i do not think petshops should be able to sell pets without having good knowledge of 5 welfare laws.adoption is the best way forward.This is another reason for rescuing guinea pigs from a high standard rescue:rant:

Report them, it's the only way to stop the monsters :( I met a rabbit breeder today who shoots them/the babies if they're ill. I wanted to rip his face off. Wish I knew who he was.

RSPCA maybe? Could try the council. I'd make a complaint to everyone I could tbh. Unfortunately unless we're persistent things get over looked as they're "just animals".

If a child was being kept in a cage with a gorilla it would be different, sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back