• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

little bald patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Wendy has a little bald patch on her back that i think may be caused by her hubby sean.
He's been mounting herat least once a day and is often chewing the hair on her back. Is there any way i can stop him doing this?
Is it likely that he has caused the bald patch?
Its not raised or scabby or red and she doesnt flinch when i touch it. Its approx 1cm by 2mm.
Shes eating and drinking and seems fine in herself i'm just a bit worried it could be something other than Sean.

ummmm is the boar neutered ?

It could be her boyfriend but it also could be mites - Any piccies of the bald spot :)

I'm just off to find a camera and the piggie with the bald spot bear with me!
Yup sean has been neutered but that certainly hasnt calmed his urges unfortunately for wendy. He also barbers so it may be that too.

wendysback002.jpg

sorry about the quality i did my best!
she has a crown just under the bald patch (she's an aby) so dont be confused as to the size of it.

Just looks normal to me like where the hair is supposed to be ;) Someone may be able to help later on but I'm sure theres nothing to worry about O0

Thanks but it is definately a new bald bit, the crown is just a little lower but seperate from the bald patch. I'd be a little more concerned if it was red or scabby or flaky but it just looks like healthy skin so i'm a little puzzled. i'll keep my eye on it anyway. Dont want to take her to the vets unless it is absolutely necessary as she gets stressed out very easily and stops eating. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back