Litter?

Ninarodders

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I'm planning on swapping my boys from shavings to fleece but they have one of those felxi tunnels (which they love and spend a lot of time in). I posted before about possibly using towels in the tunnel only and fleece everywhere else, but you guys said towel isn't great. Anyway now thinking would something like back 2 nature or care fresh work? I mean I dont mind if it gets spread around a bit as id change it daily and will obs spot clean them daily (I spot clean daily anyway). But would it be hard to shake off the fleece? Is it soft enough for them to sleep on. Is there another option that's similar? Thanks

You mean those flexi plastic tunnels, you're thinking of putting bedding into the tunnel? Is that to make it comfy for them to sleep? If it's just to catch poops, I'd get strips of fleece fabric and put them in, to save you clearing bedding from fleece. If it's just for inside the tunnel, a little towel changed often would work fine.

Yes I do. Its so they don't lay in puddles of wee. At the mo cuz they are on shavings i just put a thin layer of shavings in and change it daily as they do wee in it. Dont like the idea of them sleeping in puddles of wee.

I'd start with little towels - they can be switched out when necessary. I use old bath towels cut up They might not actually wee in it once they'd made a couple of puddles. George can sit in a box all day and although there's a heap o'poop he very rarely pees in it. He comes out and does it somewhere else and then goes back in! Flora rarely pees in 'her' snuggle tunnel (on a shelf where only she goes) but I've seen her nip into George's box and pee in that! Outrageous 😅

Back