Litter Tray, what litter is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pig-Pog mainly did it in a cornor, so I brought her a litter tray and now she popps any where, I was using wood pellet litter?
Can I try normal (non clumping) cat litter?

You may have found that she did it in that corner only so now you have put something in the way of where she used to go she has to do it somewhere else which is everywhere as her spot is covered up ;D ;D ;D

I used to give mine litter trays and corner things but they never used them and i just put hay in there or shredded paper O0

never tought of it like that (covering up where she likes to go) 98)
i will try shredded paper for a day or 2 and if she don't use it then I will take it out.

Personally I would have put the usual bedding in it, i.e. wood shavings or megazorb because that is what she was used to peeing/pooing on.
My rabbits have a litter tray and Nathans mam(they live with her) fills it up with woodshavings they have been using it for 3yrs now.

Emma x

She is on fleece due to the length of her hair, under the fleece is toilet training sheets for puppies, I was given 50 and they are great for absorption.

Hmm, I used to have curly coated longhair aka Texel and they where kept on Shavings just like everyone else. If you are happy with washing it then fair do's.
I used to get Faith out and groom her once a day to make sure she was free from knots. She was placed with Anya a sheltie and neutered boar called Gunn, he was the resident hairdresser and used to like to clip Faith and Anyas hair but left the bit around the bum, mustn't have tasted that good.

Emma x

This is the piggie I keep on fleece
HPIM1465.jpg

HPIM1471.jpg

She is cute, she looks like a Coronet but it could be her markings. Sheltie without and Coronet with a crest.
These were my shelties Harry, Anya and Patch...
harryanyaandpatch.jpg

Emma x

Bless them, I love long haired piggies, I have a tiny 6 week old texel Pandy and a male cornet Brian

Pandy
HPIM1667.jpg

Brian
HPIM1604.jpg

Harrison is a rex I believe he has curly wiskers or is he a teddy?
HPIM1609.jpg

Honkey, Mervyn and Frogmella are all pru x
Honey
Honkey666.jpg

Mervyn
HPIM1613.jpg

frogmella
HPIM1491.jpg

Mr Bumble, Honkalula are short hair
Honkalula
HPIM1493.jpg

Mr Bumble