Litter Training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chilli&Ginger

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Help!

I have purchased a littler tray for my piggies. I've read a few things about this topic. I place their tray in a place where they mainly do their business and have put some soiled litter in the tray.

I appreciate this is a new concept for them but every time I see them near it. They climb in it (individually) and use it as a bed and lie down in it?

Any tips please?

Lol good luck with that! I'm sure someone will be along shortly with tips but I've never had any luck. my pigs never poop or pee on me though - which is quite amazing given that they plop all over their cage!

Good effort for not being pooped on. Unfortunately I can't say the same...
I shouldn't laugh but it is cute and funny when they sleep in their tray but wish they could get their heads round it. I appreciate it's a slow process but any advice would be gratefully received

i gave up trying to train mine. The problem was never the poops as they are easy to pick up. It was weeing in corners, which they would switch around when I changed around the cage to and put litter trays where they went. And then when I got it right they would wee and poop down the sides of the litter trays with their bum over the edges while they ate the hay or fell asleep. So like I say, I gave up! Now I have a large area with hay that I replace every 3 days and add new layers to every day. They go all over that and eat it and sleep in it. And elsewhere on the fleece I put puppy pads where they tend to wee like under hidies, which I change when they get too soiled.

My four girls only peed in the litter trays then I took on Daisy dot, occasional per on fleece.Then I put Kyle in with them and he pushes one if the litter trays out of the way and uses the corner.I just put extra towel and fleece there and it gets changed every day and a half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back