Litter Training- Super Chuffed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigsize9fot

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Today the girls were in their playpen for 2 hours. I put in a shoebox lid lined with a puppy pad and filled it with hay. They did all their pees in there and only 5 poos outside! So I think they could easily be trained in the cage! They need a bigger cage which I will get them once I'm settled on bedding etc and then I'll give them a litter tray in there and hope for the best!

Lovely photos. And let's hope you've cracked it with the litter training. I've never managed it completely. Mollie and Mabel do about 90% of theirs in their hay trays, but Violet and Poppy are the messiest pair of piggies ever!

*squeals*
Eek! I don't think I'll attempt litter training with the boys, they like to:
Poop on a human's lap
Pee on the chair they shouldn't be on
Pee everywhere
Poop everywhere
Generally make a huge mess
Also, I musn't show them your girls, they'd be lovestruck:love:

Aww- mines did too until this breakthrough. Pees on us, pees on the sofa, pees everywhere!

Duncan's quite the gentleman, but Godfrey... He leaps off chairs, leaps on a chair with no mat and marks his territory, will dash upstairs and into the piggy room if we let him...such a rascal, but we love him for it!

What beautiful guinea pigs you have there. I love their colours and their lovely fluff!

That's awesome! And they are so beautiful :love:

I've got my boars a litter tray but no luck yet. How long has it taken for your girls to use the box?

That's awesome! And they are so beautiful :love:

I've got my boars a litter tray but no luck yet. How long has it taken for your girls to use the box?
have you put the litter box in there corner that they go to the bath alot it can also help to put it under there hay tray or put hay in the tray.

I have been doing but then they change their usual corner :doh:

I was skeptical boutique putting their hay in the tray because I didn't want them eating hay that they'd peed on... will they be OK if I do that?

I have been doing but then they change their usual corner :doh:

I was skeptical boutique putting their hay in the tray because I didn't want them eating hay that they'd peed on... will they be OK if I do that?
I made a bag out if left overy fleece and I put the hay in the bag.

I've not got a tray in the cage yet as its not big enough- I need to get a bigger cage and will then get a litter tray. I think I'll try a corner one or just a regular rectangle. I'll fill it with a puppy pad and hay. I've got a pile of hay in their cage just now and they do a lot of their pees and poos in there- usually at the side of it so the rest of the hay is ok to eat. We've had them 2 and a half weeks and its taken about 2 weeks I think for this breakthrough. Once I get a bigger cage I think we will nail it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back