Lighting

• Thread starter Thread starter minky
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

minky

How does everyone sort the lighting out for their outdoor sheds

What i want to do is put an outside light on the wall of the house and put another light inside the shed itself easy enough yes, well to do this i have one plug in the kitchen for the outside light to fit on i need 2 lights, for the wiring to get in the shed do you need special wiring for outside ? would i be best to use some sort of tubing to protect the wires, we have a shared gate next door so i cant have wiring dangling unless its really high

Any ideas ?

I don't think you are actually aloud to do the wiring yourself anymore :(

For outdoor lighting you could try attaching sloar spot lights that react on movement; I got some from homebase. You could also try the same with indoor shed lighting if you find a good one to light it up and can drill a hole in the shed for the wire ::)

I had my electrics done seperately, they are underground in a proper tube thing, I've got a seperate fuse box in the shed for the lighting too.
When i had temporary lighting I had a long cable running up the path and a big bright light on the end of it but I couldn't use it in the rain of course :) Its worth getting it done properly I think.

Hiya we have just done our electrics to the shed. Our pig shed is right at the back of the garage so we have a cable that comes out of the garage loft and out to the shed and through a whole in the shed. The cable only goes about a foot from the gargage to the shed so we are lucky nothing has to trail far.

Its great being able to go straight in the shed and just flick the light on. Hope you get yours fixed up soon. :)

Hmm the shed is about 6 ft from the kitchen window so the wall one is no problem its just the one i wanted inside see we have the torch big light but it needs replacing and i was thinking that instead of paying another £30 for a new one id look into the lighting itself, all the fittings are there from the previous tenants

ok well thats given some ideas will get the outside one done first and if i can get it paralell to the shed window it may give more light hmm now theres a thought

My dad did the lighting in our shed lol. It has a long wire running down the garden (and our garden is about 100ft long) in a tube thingy (it's planted under the ground). Only for now though, once the wind turbine is up he's hoping to power the light in there from that. ::) :P

Our shed has electric sockets and I have a light in there. Hubby is an electrical engineer you need to use electrical wires that are suitable for outdoor use. Ours run from a socket under the stairs out to the shed. I would ring a few electricains and get some quotes if I was you and have it done properly :)

Our summerhouse backs onto the garage. I have a double socket in their 1 for the light and the other for their heater. :)
we also have a sensor light just outside the back door.

I've just got two little battery operated lights in my shed - they give brilliant light. I don't need an outside one as I live near a lampost ;D lucky me! ;) Good luck with whatever you decide to do O0

Where did you get your battery lights from Black Jack and if you don't mind me asking, how much were they?

Think they came from Wilkinsons or maybe B&Q - very cheap - must have been cos hubby bought them! ;D They really give off bright light and are economical on batteries too. Speaking of which our local Asda (don't know if it's everywhere) has brill offer on batteries at the moment O0

My shed has solar panels which supply 2 batteries which I use for lighting, a radio and on really cold days for heating a greenhouse heater

janice-arc said:
My shed has solar panels which supply 2 batteries which I use for lighting, a radio and on really cold days for heating a greenhouse heater

That sounds totally fab (if a bit space age) love it! O0

I have a solar light in the shed as well as a patio umbrella light which does have electrics to it. We have also bought a battery operated lantern which is really bright and lights up the shed a treat in emergencies :)

I have electric in my shed too and i just plug in my ikea light in there for my piggys ;D

Would a light that is round and u press for on and off be ok they are £5 in b+q

You can get a solar pannel light in places like Focus.
I have never used one but the box said the solar panel will charge the light even in winter and the light gives the equivelnt of a 40w bulb.Think they where about £50 in our focus

sokel said:
You can get a solar pannel light in places like Focus.
I have never used one but the box said the solar panel will charge the light even in winter and the light gives the equivelnt of a 40w bulb.Think they where about £50 in our focus

I bet they are even cheaper now at focus as they went into liquidation not so long back all will close after christmas if they are not taken over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back