• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Licking galvanised surfaces

Edison and Einstien

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello, I have had piggies for years but my current male is licking every galvanised surface he can find in the garden. Upturned wheel barrows, bike spokes and cage grill. Is there a deficiency in his diet? Has anyone else experienced this?

Hello, I have had piggies for years but my current male is licking every galvanised surface he can find in the garden. Upturned wheel barrows, bike spokes and cage grill. Is there a deficiency in his diet? Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi and welcome

I've had radiator paint lickers, wallpaper eaters, a number of plastic addicts, slipper sole nibblers (i.e. rubber fiends) but that one is a new one for me... To be honest, no idea.

Have a look at our diet guide and check whether your own diet is balanced: Long Term Balanced General And Special Needs Guinea Pig Diets

Back