• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lice

• Thread starter Thread starter aim840
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aim840

I was just wondering which product people use for their guinea pigs?

I have jsut been out grooming etc and noticed that one of the boars seems to have eggs. After having a bit of a problem with toiw guineas i brought i was given some stuff from vets, but wondered if there were products that people could recommend. I was planning to treat the sows too,just incase! However one of them is pregnant (not planned and not through me-came to me- and had been living with her 'sister' - who now lives separate.) So i was hoping to use something suitable for pregnant sows too!

Thanks Ax

Hi,
Ive never found eggs or anything on my piggys so cant help but the vets stuff they gave you would be better than anything else from pet shops as most dont work O0

Ive never had them before, but recently we ahd a new memeber to the clan and it started then. someone mentioned to me a johnstons product?!

Gorgeous Guineas products every time - I think the Johnsons has something in it (can't remember the technical term) which is not good for piggies. Check out the GG website here http://www.gorgeousguineas.com/index.html and if you contact Chrissie at GG she will advise you what to use on your pregnant sow. It they aren't moving sounds like static lice, GG Lice n Easy is fabulous, I can highly recommend it. Good luck with your brood.

Hi!

Thanks ever so for the link!

Will take a looksy now and order some stuff! Could do with getting somw shampoo for the peruv girls anyways!

x

Posh N Go is good for Peru type coats- it strengthens them when used regularly :)

I have just collected 2 today and they both have running lice :o
Needless to say they are in a shed at the opposite side of the garden till they are treated

Sorry to get off topic but I have lice too, only not on my piggies lol ;D

ralfie said:
Sorry to get off topic but I have lice too, only not on my piggies lol ;D
Nip to the chemist and buy a nitty gritty comb ;)works a treat ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back