• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lice, Mites, Parasites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Jack

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I don't think my little boar has got any parasites but I keep finding little white flecks in his coat. There are no bald patches, no sores, no marks at all. At first I wondered if it was from the hay or woodshavings. Anyone got any ideas? Should I Ivomec him?

Maybe email Chrissy at gorgeous guineas and see what she suggests? Maybe a melt and a nice bath with one of her shampoos will do the trick :)

Yes i'd e-mail chrissie, it might just be that his coat is black so shows up more dirt that he picks up lol! xx

Hey love have you bathed him lately ?
I agree with all the above, just wondering if a little bath with a medicated shampoo might help as well O0
Sending healing wheeks :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

No I haven't given him a bath yet as I've only had him for three weeks. I'll drop Chrissie a note and jopefully get things sorted - spotted some more flakes yesterday grrrrrrrrr! :tickedoff:

Hi BJ,

If you keep him on woodshavings it could be just dust from that and as you said because he is black he it would show up more.
Is he old enough for a bath?
If so then I would recommend buying the neem melt and shampoo for GG. It is all natural so will not harm but would nip it in the bud if it was the start of something more sinister. I swear by it.

Let us know how you get on.

L

He'll be ten weeks old tomorrow. I'd usually wait until at least three months before giving a bath so I may just hang on for a couple of weeks and then check the situation again. He's in a shed so I'd keep him indoors for the night of the bath. I'll probably get some of that GG shampoo to have in stock anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back