• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lice in Buns and Pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caviesgalore (EPGPR)

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all, bit of advice needed. I have a bun and 2 piggies coming to stay on Monday and have just been informed by their owner (a friend of mine) that the bunny has running lice. He has been treated at the vet and needs a second application of "stuff", she didn't tell me what it was, on Monday which they'll do before he arrives. Trouble is the piggies share a run with him (don't go there >:() so the vet wanted to treat them too. However, it was going to cost her an additional £26 and as they couldn't see any lice she refused to have them done. >:(

She has told me that "it's quite normal for bunnies to have lice on them all the time" and that they aren't harmful in the slightest. However, I am not happy having them staying when I have a shed full of other paying guests who as far as I can tell are lice free! Apart from Chrissie's lice n easy shampoo is there anything this woman can buy over the counter to shampoo them with over the weekend - do I remember Neem shampoo doing the same job?

Some people make me sooooo cross. Thanks all.

Nothing beats Lice N' Easy :) Iused to use one for children before Gorgeous guineas came into being but wouldn't now.

Thanks Karen. Guess it's going to be down to me to give the guys a bath in Lice n Easy when they arrive. It makes me so mad when people have pets and then don't look after them properly, no matter what the cost, if you have committed to getting the animal you MUST look after it properly >:(.

This is the same family that threatened to "get rid" of the piggies earlier in the year because one of them "bites" the daughter. In all the times I have looked after them they have never bitten me. They think the sun shines out of the buns bottom and the poor piggies come a very second best :'(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back