Lettuce

Tonisita

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I've seen online that I shouldn't feed my boys iceberg lettuce. Can anyone tell me which lettuce is OK and which is a no-no, please?

Any lettuce except iceberg is fine.
Iceberg isn’t dangerous per se it is that it has a higher water content, therefore the potential to cause diarrhoea and due to being high water it has less nutrients

Mine love any lettuce and always eat it first when they get their veggies. I try to give them a variety. They especially enjoy the coloured varieties like lollo rosso, this gives popcorns galore!

Any lettuce except iceberg is fine.
Iceberg isn’t dangerous per se it is that it has a higher water content, therefore the potential to cause diarrhoea and due to being high water it has less nutrients
That's interesting - I wondered why Iceberg was a problem. I'll test out various varieties!

Mine love any lettuce and always eat it first when they get their veggies. I try to give them a variety. They especially enjoy the coloured varieties like lollo rosso, this gives popcorns galore!
I just LOVE popcorning - and zooming around the playpen and running into each other or running up opposite ends of their tube and the Mexican stand off that follows until they get bored with moaning at each other and decide eating is far more important and why is Mummy laughing!

Back