• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lennie sounds funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Lennie sounds different today. When he wheeks it sounds kind of hoarse, like we might sound if we had a sore throat? He is fine otherwise, eating loads, pooping normally, going crazy when grass is produced. Any ideas? I will obviously keep a close eye and am aware they can get upper respitory infection-what are the symptoms of that?
Thanks, Fiona.

i think they can sound clicky when they breathe, thats one of the signs of upper R.I

Hi how's your little man today :)
If he's still rattly sounding, call the vets ask there opinion, a quick visit can always make you and Lenny feel better, good luck let us know how you go :) :) :) :)

He still sounds hoarse :-\ his wheeks sound different but he is full of bounce, eating and drinking fine and everything. So I don't know. Keeping a close eye though and if he appears unwell or is still hoarse in a couple of days, I will pop to the vets with him. I wondered if it was the different hay I have been using as I ran out of the usual stuff I get and got wagg which seems ok but a bit dusty. I am having Timothy hay delivered tomorrow.

hmm..one of my piggies suddenly lost her squeak and went hoarse about 2-3 years ago..no explanation and shes never been ill either, she still cant squeak properly but the poor girl does try at supper time! ;D

It may be the change in hay but I personally would get him down the vets for a check over. Hope his wheeks get back to normal soon. :)

Awww bless him. Patch was like that but he just got over it in a few days. Is he better now. I hope he is :smitten: Hannah xx

He is better. I think it was that hay as when I changed it he was fine O0

Brilliant news, I am glad he is better and the hay is what caused him to sound a little funny and it was nothing more serious. O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back