Lennie broke out of his cage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Some of you on here may recall that Lennie and Timmy had a big falling out and I had to separate them about 3 months ago. They have their own c & c cage next to eachother. I went to a wedding in Birmingham at the weekend and left my 19 year old daughter in charge of them. She did well feeding them etc and letting them out for their floor time but so they had fair turns. She let Timmy out on Sunday morning before she went to work and when I arrived home on Sunday evening, Lennie and Timmy were both out :o
They were under the table teeth chattering for all they were worth. Lennie had cleverly worked at the connectors at the bottom of the cage and got out. I have since noticed him doing the same thing and he eventually gets it open!

I have no idea how long he was out but neither piggie was injured. Thank goodness the cages are on the floor. Has anyone any ideas how to secure the cage so he cant get out? I could use cable ties but I will go through them at a rate as I will have to cut them and cant reuse them and he will chew through string :-\

Oh dear, mister Escapologist :o ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Sorry but i bet he's had an absolute ball... cheeky little monkey, how clever is that and they say piggies are dumb animals NOT :tickedoff: they're clever and intelligent :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

MMMM no idea what to do about securing the cage, i've not got that type of set up i'm sure somebody will be along real soon that can help :)

Sorry for laughing, but it is rather cute ^-^ ^-^

Oh I know its cute Glynis (I am secretly quite proud of him, clever boy) so no worries for the giggle ;D
I am amzed they hadnt torn strips out of eachother though....maybe they are secretly friends ;D

Would cable ties be better? I use them on mine as I found the connectors too much like hard work ::)

I know the bunjee ropes you mean Jane but thought what if he injured himslef on the hook :-\
I could use cable ties, but would go through a lot of them as once they are on they have to be cut off and I open and close his cage a few times a day :D

cat collar...now thats a good idea :D Thanks Karen!

Not heard of reusable cable ties ^-^

Thanks for that link Jane, I had not heard of those...they will be the ideal solution I think O0

Wilkos sell packs of about 100 mini cable ties in the electrical dept for less than £1. Works a treat on C&C set ups....

Velcro....wouldnt have thought of that! Arent you lot clever ;D

Hmm wouldnt use the velcros my escapee chewed them off and got themselves in a fight with my neutered boar i cabe tie them together now and use a mini padlock from wilko's deffo better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back