• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Leg problem

5Pigs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello I recently came back from being gone a few days as I was staying at my sister's to help babysit, my mother was taking care of my pigs for me while I was gone.

Today I got back and noticed one of my pigs (3.5) was suddenly stumbling around her cage I picked her up to check if she was okay and she acted normally as if nothing was wrong, I checked her legs and I didn't see any blood or any visible injuries. However, whenever I sat her back in her cage she would suddenly stumble a little here and there and then proceed to walk normally, she's still eats and drinks normally so I'm thankfully not to worried about that.

I don't know what to do as money's tight right now so I'm worried on what to do, if worst comes to worst I'll definitely be willing to drop by the vets and get her checked out, but if anyone who's dealt with something similar be able to help me?

I’m sorry to hear this.

I’m afraid we can’t know because stumbling could have a variety of causes and also meanings to different people - from a soft tissue injury requiring painkillers and time to recover to something more like a neurological type of event causing imbalance and stumbling.

All we can advise is that you go into daily weight checks and see a vet to find out what needs to be done

Back