left out of the house at night

• Thread starter Thread starter jediquigley
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jediquigley

I have had my 2 boars for 4 weeks now, they are 10 weeks old, they are brothers. There was a little bit of squabbling when they first arrived but nothing too bad. Over the past few days one of the boars has been sleeping outside the house at night, i was just a bit worried, is this a dominance thing that the other boar wont let him in or do they like to sleep outside sometimes?

They both go in the house in the daytime together so i am not quite sure what is going on.

Thanks

Laura

Well as long as he's warm and comfortable i'd not worry, perhaps the other piggy snores ;D ;D ;D ;D sorry being silly ;)
Honestly he may just prefer it this way, if they're happy during the day i see no probs for the night time :)
But keep an eye on it, you'll know by there behaviour, good luck :) They sound gorgeous :-* :-*

Hi, Mine do this all the time, Guinea pigs like to have some space on their own,They don't very often snuggle together. I put a pigloo in the hutch at night so mine have got somewhere else they can sleep if they want.

Hi,

I have 3 pigs, and they all like to sleep alone. I wouldn't worry about it. They don't sound like they have fallen out.

My male and female always share their house a night ::) but I have multiple houses and tunnels that they can sleep in :)

it's quite normal. i have 4 sets of boars, 2 pairs sleep together and the other pair and a trio all sleep seperately. you just need to provide some little 'houses' for them rather than just one sleeping area. ;)
my oldest boars who are brothers went through a stage of one sleeping downstairs and one upstairs but now they are both sleeping together upstairs. ::)

fluffly used to kicked georgy out, it is a domiance thing. i put them in a bigger hutch, there is plenty of room to have some space. i also put in little houses incase they do get kicked out at night.

thanks for all the replies - i will get ramone a pigloo to put in at night, so he is not just sitting out there sleeping

i will be keeping a close eye to ensure there are no fights

i would really like to make them a bigger cage out of the correx and grids, hopefully later in the year :)

Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back