Leaking water bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am fed up with the piggies water bottles leaking, even the newer ones leak and always have done. I fill them up to the top, the ball inside is ok......I have these ones

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/accessories/feeder_water_bottles/13401

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/accessories/feeder_water_bottles/13400

Does anyone know where I can get ones that don`t leak? The bedding underneath gets soaked so been putting folded newspaper under but this gets soaked too. I am getting annoyed >:(

Could it be the angle you have them on the cage? one of mine leaks if its leaning a bit to one side :) i have the ones from P@H they dont leak x

I used to have problems too but think it's OK now. Following advice from the forum, I've been filling mine right up, give them a bit of a shake. Something to do with getting the vacuum right inside. I also squeeze mine slightly when I put the top on to expel the air. I've also got containers underneath to catch the drips. I bought from the pet shop some budgie feeders, they are plastic semi-circle pots which hook onto the wire on the cage. It works really well, the guineas can still drink and don't knock the bowls.

Jillybean said:
I used to have problems too but think it's OK now. Following advice from the forum, I've been filling mine right up, give them a bit of a shake. Something to do with getting the vacuum right inside. I also squeeze mine slightly when I put the top on to expel the air. I've also got containers underneath to catch the drips. I bought from the pet shop some budgie feeders, they are plastic semi-circle pots which hook onto the wire on the cage. It works really well, the guineas can still drink and don't knock the bowls.

yes i second that advice

Yes I do that. I fill right to the top and squeeze to expel air. The angle on the bottles with the wire is a bit off but the worst leaky one on Elmo and Hamishes' hutch cant go at the wrong angle as it has the wide clip. It leaks so much that I have to re fill it twice a day and change the paper underneath 4 or 5 times a day. I wondered if there was a more expensive non leaky type I could get? :-\

mine have never leaked, but you just reminded me i best get another one now i have a new addition :smitten: thanks for reminding me O0

I'd love to get some ezi-filla bottles for my pigs, bit expensive but obviously much better then the normal ones.

Peggy makes hers leak! She holds the ball in with her teeth and gets wet all down her front!

I changed the bottle to a glass one from P@H. It's chew-proof and leak proof, so the packaging says. Works a treat! Peggy cant make it leak.

Thanks for your replies, I will investigate the ones suggested ;)

I have one from pets @ home cant remember the make but you have a big bracket thing that fixes to the cage and the bottle has a flat back so it slots into the bracket, it also has a yellow duck inside so you know when it needs filling (as if you wouldnt notice on your own) It is very solidly built and I have had no probs with leaking, it cost about £4, if I can find name I will let you know

Damonshumanslave said:
M, is it made of glass? Sounds like the one I have.

No it is actually a plastic bottle :)

Black Jack said:
M I just have to say the piggy in your avatar is awesome! I love him/her. :smitten:

Thanks Black Jack he is a my little boy Fugly, more photos posted in the gallery :D

M said:
Black Jack said:
M I just have to say the piggy in your avatar is awesome! I love him/her. :smitten:

Thanks Black Jack he is a my little boy Fugly, more photos posted in the gallery :D

Sorry but I really hope his name doesn't mean F****** Ugly! It couldn't possibly- he's just toooooooooooooooooooo beautiful. Is he very old? He looks nice and chunky. Ooooooooooooooooooh! I love a chunky piggy!

He is about 11 months old :smitten: :smitten:

yes his name does mean what you think, and yes he is getting chunkier everyday, he is a little ball of love :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back