Lavender lodge, adding a level

• Thread starter Thread starter Messica
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Messica

I am sure I read somewhere that a member here was having a shelf fitted in their lavender lodge to add floor space but I can't find the thread. My brother is a carpenter so I was thinking of asking him to build me a shelf and I looking to take inspiration from someone who may already have done this.

Thanks

Remember that piggies are not natural climbers/ramp users so any extra levels or shelves aren't really counted as extra floor space. Ramps for access also take up valuable space on the existing floor. If the hutch is big enough for however many pigs you have and you want to add to it that's great but not suitable if you want to add more pigs.

That was me, decided the ramp would take up too much room and we would loose space. So going for a C&C upstairs in a couple of weeks 6x2. :)

Ah thanks for replying, I really thought I had imagined the original thread. I would love my two to have some extra space and feel that the LL is so high that a second large level could be added that would more than make up for the space taken up by the ramp. Anyway it's something I'm not rushing into, Mabel and Lexi are still settling in and I don't want to cause them any additional stress at the moment.

Yeah it is high thats what I thought but not sure my girls would climb. Pearl would she's a nutcase! ;D It's a good hutch the LL very sturdy mines indoors at the mo we got it in ok but when I transfer pigs upstairs not sure we will be able to get it out...lol

I did see a hutch with an ''shelf'' it was in the sleep area about 4'' off the floor! can not remember who though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back