• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Large Soft Boar Poop

Kayleighmcmx

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello,

My little Thor has been at the vet this week as he had dry small poops and wasn’t eating/drinking as much. He had mites and the vet said that’s why he wasn’t eating/drinking so much as he was in pain (he was ripping his hair out causing bald spots).

He has been treated with ivermectin and got emeprid to keep his gut moving, I was told he only needed it until he started eating better. Since coming home he started eating more and poops returned to normal shape/colour so I took him off the emeprid after 2 days as per the vets instructions.

I noticed today that he produced these 3 larger, softer poops. Last night he got a good chunk of cucumber and large romaine lettuce leaves.

Could the watery veg be the reason for these poops?

Attachments

• IMG_5604.webp
    IMG_5604.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 2
Have you been weighing him daily and syringe feeding a recovery feed (or mushed pellets as the emergency attentive) to him while he has not been eating hay? That is essential - they need the fibre going through their gut constantly to keep it functioning properly. Poop is reflective of what food went in 1-2 days ago so if he wasn’t eating hay properly then that explains lack of or deformed poops.

You need to continue with daily weight checks and syringe feeding to ensure his weight is kept stable each day.

Yes weighing daily, weight has went back up since he was weighed at Vets. He started eating more as soon as he came home from vets on Monday. He’s been eating fine since Tuesday. It is only today that we have noticed these poops, they are larger than what the pics shows, the largest one is about 2 normal poops in length.

If he has had more watery veg than he is used to then that can cause strange poops.
Make sure he is fed plenty of hay to stabilise the gut, keep veg to normal amounts (cut down/remove veg entirely if poops are soft)

Thank you
If he has had more watery veg than he is used to then that can cause strange poops.
Make sure he is fed plenty of hay to stabilise the gut, keep veg to normal amounts (cut down/remove veg entirely if poops are soft)
Thank you, that’s what I thought would be best

Back