• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Large lump on chest

Cresslucaoreo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Luca my mail GP has a large lump on his chest. Only noticed today when clipping his nails but it’s big. He’s been eating drinking as normal and his usual self but I’m quite worried it’s something bad especially as the kids love him and Oreo so much. We adopted him 3 years ago when he was 2.

We’ve been away for 2 weeks and he stayed at the usual place they always stay and they never mentioned any unusual behaviour etc.

Any thoughts?

Welcome to the forum

Lumps can be a variety of things. It’s always best to have a hands on vet checked carried out to determine what it is and what needs to be done about it.

It’s best if you switch from the routine weekly weight checks and instead weigh him daily while you have health concerns. This enables you to more closely monitor hay intake and can step in with recovery feed if weight is being lost

Let us know how you get on at the vet. I hope he is ok

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Good luck at the vets.

Pic attached

Hi and welcome

Please see a vet promptly for any larger lump. I am very sorry about the bad timing; these things happen spontaneously and can happen within a matter of just few days or even to just a few hours.

They can grow big very quickly if they go into runaway mode and the centre feels soft; it can happen with pretty much any variety of lump in my own experience. It may need operative removal but that can only be determined after a hands-on examination. We cannot tell you what you are dealing with; we can only tell you to please see somebody who can give you a considered examination and plan of action.

Back