Laptime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitsato

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a rather new guinea pig owner. I got my two boys (brothers, actually) a month and a half ago.

They settled in well, on the second week I tried handling them and cuddling for a while, which went well, though they wouldn't accept food from my hand. By now, they eat everything from my hand, even when I'm giving them fresh hay they try to get it from my hand.

Usually they've been on my lap for about 15 minutes, then they want to go to the bathroom again. Last week they just wouldn't be on my lap for over 5 minutes, even when I was giving them veggies, they just would start crying. Now, yesterday when we were having lap time it was okay again haha.

Now, when I was petting one of them, he made a noise that wasn't rumbling, but I don't think it was purring either. When he rumbles, it's really low and he kind of vibrates, but that wasn't it yesterday. Also, when I was petting him on his side, he like twitched, I don't think it was a popcorn, since when he does that, he usually jumps really high. :D They both make noise, which sounds a bit like
(video isn't mine) , they just are more quiet. Is that happy or are they still scared of me? Though the other guy was really comfy, stretched out his legs and was squeeking really quietly. I'm a bit confused if they like lap time or not...

Those are HAPPY WHEEKS. Congrats your pigs are telling you they are enjoying life. That's the best sound any pig owner can hear......it gets addictive after a little while. ;)

Wishing you all the best. Give your boys snuggles from me and my 2 boars :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back