Lap time fights

TheLittlePig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So a few days ago after bath time I had them on my lap and they seemed to enjoy it a lot grooming each other purring bubbling so I started taking them out together for lap time, before I would take them out separately, but last night and the night before I noticed some nipping and kicking anytime one got too close, I actually had to separate while they were on my lap bc Miss pig had a mouthful of Fuzz’s fuzz, so Miss pig went into my robe and fuzz stayed on my lap but when they are back in their cage their fine, should I start doing separate lap times again?

Why did the bath them? Piggies should not be routinely bathed, it’s not necessary and not good for their skin.

We would recommend they are kept together as all times.
Are you ensuring your handle the dominant piggy first?

Can they have safe free roam time rather than lap time? Let them roam about a safe room and you sit on the floor so they can come to you as they please. I’m just wondering if that may help prevent any particular issues relating to lap time

Why did the bath them? Piggies should not be routinely bathed, it’s not necessary and not good for their skin.

We would recommend they are kept together as all times.
Are you ensuring your handle the dominant piggy first?

Can they have safe free roam time rather than lap time? Let them roam about a safe room and you sit on the floor so they can come to you as they please. I’m just wondering if that may help prevent any particular issues relating to lap time
Yes I always handle the dominant one first, and I only bathed bc they seemed greasy I’m not sure if that was from maybe built up veggie juices, I usually do floor time in the afternoon and I was doing lap time in the morning before work but the past few days I’ve been doing it at night

Yeah that was their first bath ever in my care I know they only should be bathed if absolutely necessary

So instead of lap time I did what you suggested and sat on the floor with them and Miss pig, my dominant one, roamed a bit while fuzz just found a spot next to me and immediately fell to the floor, fuzz is so affectionate, she rolls to her side to get belly rubs and she’ll nuzzle her face against my hand, Miss pig eventually came over and climbed all the way up to nose bump and groom my chin then she finds her usual spot in my robe, then fuzz decided to climb up for a nose bump and to lay in my arm and there still was some nipping actually more so from fuzz when Miss pig was repositioning herself and she was interrupting her pets then Miss pig started nipping when fuzz got too close but more of the carefully aimed nips not as bad as the other few nights, but I couldn’t have asked for more affectionate piggies they are so loving 🥰

So Fuzz had a season last week and was chasing Miss Pig around humping and getting in position now this week Miss Pig is having her season and Fuzz is absolutely fed up with Miss Piggy 😂😂 so maybe that’s why there’s so much tension between them

Back