KMS hayloft

mls18

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi! So I always buy orchard grass for one of my guinea pigs since he only likes soft hay. I usually get the orchard grass from Small pet select and I really like it but I've been thinking of trying the KMs hayloft bluegrass(or the third cut timothy). Has anyone here gotten both small pet select and KMS hayloft and can tell me which one is better? KMS hayloft is a bit more expensive so I don't want to get it unless its worth the extra money. And if someone has gotten both the third cut timothy hay and the bluegrass, which one is softer?

I can't comment on the KMS hayloft because it seems to be USA-only so most of our members wouldn't have it - but I have had the 3rd cut timothy from Small Pet Select and honestly, it's the most grass-like hay I've ever seen, colour and texture wise. Honestly if you're looking for a soft hay, I'd go for it.

I haven't used KMS at all but I did take a look at their website and the bluegrass looks like orchard hay. It looks like you could buy some small batches and try them out. It really is up to your piggies on what they will eat and won't eat. I normally buy Oxbow or Small Pet Select orchard hay in 40 or 50 pound boxes. Orchard hay is very pricey this time of year as nobody is harvesting it and it only gets harvested once a year.

I can't comment on the KMS hayloft because it seems to be USA-only so most of our members wouldn't have it - but I have had the 3rd cut timothy from Small Pet Select and honestly, it's the most grass-like hay I've ever seen, colour and texture wise. Honestly if you're looking for a soft hay, I'd go for it.
Oh ok, Thank you so much!

I haven't used KMS at all but I did take a look at their website and the bluegrass looks like orchard hay. It looks like you could buy some small batches and try them out. It really is up to your piggies on what they will eat and won't eat. I normally buy Oxbow or Small Pet Select orchard hay in 40 or 50 pound boxes. Orchard hay is very pricey this time of year as nobody is harvesting it and it only gets harvested once a year.
Ohh that explains why the price has gone up, i didn't know that! thank you so much for the help!

Back